Samstag, 18. Juni 2011

Marvelous understanding

St. John of the Cross:

I was sad one day & went for a walk. I sat in a field. A rabbit noticed my condition & came near. It often does not take more than that to help at times: to just be close to creatures who are so full of knowing, so full of love that they don't chat, they just gaze with their marvelous under-standing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inoma:

Johann told me he grew up during ww2 in an institution for children who were said to be difficult to educate..They  mistreated him and several times he tried to escape. A few times he was successful, but always for a few days only. One time he ran into the forest and slept there. In the morning he woke up, opened his eyes and saw directly into the eyes of a salamander quietly sitting near him. "We gazed, and then," Johann said, "I could cry for the first time in years."